Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Embroidered Apron for Her & Another Accomplishment for Me

Wow, I've been wanting to blog about this one for quite some time, yet I finally just finished it tonight. Several months ago I got this grand idea to embroider and sew Sydney an apron. I decided to do a fairytale type theme and let Syd choose all of the items she wanted on the apron. Looking back, I should've probably added a little bit more, but I was afraid it might be too busy. After the embroidery was done, it was then time to sew the apron. Some reason I choose to create my own patterns everytime I sew something. This makes things extremely challenging and I hit a lot of road blocks. I finally got an idea on how to finish the sash for the apron (that was the only part missing) and ran off to the fabric store today to buy fabric long enough for it. First cut, I measured incorrectly, second cut was perfect. I got to sewing, ran out of bobbin thread halfway through sewing it (see what I mean about roadblocks?) and had to get creative. That all being said, the apron is finally finished and both Sydney and I adore it. She loves it because she chose everything on it. I love it because it's a finished project. :) She's been helping me cook and bake a lot lately, so the timing is perfect!

Syd's new embroidered apron.

Embroidered Apron

Syd modeling her new apron

ApronLoving her apron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job and Syd looks soo cute in it!

Carly said...

First of all, the apron is adorable! You are so darn crafty!!! Second, OMG Sydney is GORGEOUS!!!!! I miss you guys SOOO much!!