Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tee Ball, Here She Comes!

We've been playing ball with Syd for quite some time now. She started getting the feel of how to hit and throw the ball last summer. She got so good, that we put the T-Ball stand away and started pitching directly to her. We took the winter off and Chris decided to start working with her again. One day, I was sitting inside (probably on the laptop) and heard Chris scream loudly. I shook it off and kept going. He screams even louder again and this time it's followed by a "ok, no more, no more, stop for a minute." I jumped up out of my chair and asked what happened. Chris said I had to come out and see Syd hit the ball. She was hitting it so hard and fast that he wasn't able to react fast enough and it hit him in the gut and upper chest, leaving marks. She's hitting the balls as straigh line drives. I came out....with the camera to take video! I have fears for the children fielding the balls when she's up to bat. This kid comes from a long line of baseball and softball players from both her Mom and her Dad.





No comments: