Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Sydney List II

I can't believe it's been two years since my first Sydney List. Time is absolutely flying and I can't seem to make it slow down! I feel like just yesterday I was changing diapers and packing sippy cups everywhere I went. So before I forget all of these current precious moments, I want to make a list for where she is RIGHT NOW. Hopefully it won't be another two years before I make another one of these!

1. She's constantly singing around the house. Her favorite line is "Mom, who do you think is a better singer, me or you?" I always reply "Me of course" to which she quickly responds with "nope, I'm a better singer than you are." Always a competition.

2. She's a dancer, has been since she was a baby. If she hears music, she has to get up and dance to it. She loves to dance with her Dad so that she can run up to him dirty dancing style and leap into his arms. It's hysterical and I have thousands of leaps on video.

3. She's in love with her iTouch, that the most amazing people in the world gave her. She's obsessed with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink and Selena Gomez. We're trying to encourage the Selena Gomez a little more than the others. It gets hard trying to explain why Lady Gaga is laying half clothed on the ground with a man in her music video. Sheesh. Wizards of Waverly is much more her speed.

4.She's FINALLY starting to try new foods. It takes a little convincing, but she's been doing it more and more. We did bring in a food therapist to come talk to her. Didn't learn too much more other than to always put something she knows and loves on her plate. Something she's seen before but sometimes eats it, sometimes she doesn't on her plate. Then lastly to always put something she's never seen before on the plate. We tell her that she doesn't have to eat it, but encourage her to play with it. We ask her questions like "do you think it's crunchy? Is it squishy? What does is smell like?" Sometimes her curiosity gets the best of her and she says "let me try it." It's making our lives soo much less stressful.

5. She is absolutely the most affectionate girl ever. She thrives on hugging, kissing and snuggling. She definitely got that from Chris and his family and I'm forever grateful for it. She is always screaming "I love you" no matter where we are, completely unprompted. It just melts my heart every time. She thinks it's absolutely hysterical to grab the sides of your face and give you these incredibly long and uncomfortable, along with very wet, kisses. In fact she gave one to her Papa the other day and it seriously made me about tinkle in my pants. Everyone's reactions are hysterical. No two people react the same to them. I usually end mine with "yuck!" and wipe my mouth off....this cracks her up! She usually tries to come at me again for another.

6. She's obsessed with going to the bathroom in public places. It makes me completely crazy. Gas stations, restaurants, airports, people's homes. If there's a toilet there, she wants to check it out. Sometimes a few times! Her favorite of them all would be the gas station. We try to avoid taking her to the gas station at all costs so that we don't have to hear the "Oh no, I really have to go potty RIGHT NOW" she puts up this big act and holds herself like she's stopping the tinkle from coming out. Such an actress.

7. She's still a huge helper. No matter what I'm doing, she wants to help. She helps me cook and bake. She loves pouring ingredients into the bowls and stirring. She sweeps the patio, plants flower seeds, pulls weeds, folds laundry, helps put away clothes and towels and so much more.

8. She's stubborn, oh so very stubborn. Likes things on her terms and that's that. Such a hard headed kid, hard to believe with such even keeled parents. :) She likes to say "you're not the boss, I'm the boss" and other lovely things.

9. She's a maniac on her bike. Training wheels on, she pedals so extremely fast that I have to use my bike to keep up with her. We tried to take the training wheels off the other day to use the Gyro Wheel. Needless to say, training wheels went back on for a few more months.

10. She's absolutely unbelievable at softball. She hits the ball off the tee so hard, Chris can't react fast enough some times to catch it. He was left with two huge welts the other night. See previous post on that one! That being said, I sign her up in August for Tee Ball during the Fall.

11. Her purple blanket goes everywhere with her. Since the day she was born , she's slept with the blanket every single day. She pokes her fingers through the holes (always has) it calms her down and she quickly passes out.

12. Her favorite color is "dark purple" not light purple or just purple, but dark purple. If she paints or colors something, it's always purple. Favorite candy, she saves the purple ones for last. She's a girl after my own purple heart.

13. She says your name a million times during a conversation. Every sentence starts with "Mom?" and then it's usually followed by "can I tell you somefing?" or "wanna know someting?" It's simultaneously adorable and annoying. It's ended with "you didn't know dat?"

14. She doesn't pronounce S's when they start a word. For example "Shoot across the sky" a line from one of her favorite Katy Perry Songs, she says "Coot across the ky". School is "cool" s'mores are "pores", smelling is "pelling and when she spills something on the floor she says "Sorry mom, I pilled."
15. She's finally swimming on her own with no floaties. I seriously stopped breathing yesterday when she asked me to come outside so she could show me her lessons. Her swim teacher gives her things to work on each week, so she comes home and says "I need to do my lessons" it's adorable. So, anywhoo, Chris has her in the middle of the pool. She does sandwich hands (hands together in out in front of her) and gets a push off of Chris. Face in the water, goggles on the face, she kicks as hard as she can across the entire pool to the edge! All without a single breath (that part scared the bajeezus out of me). She was so proud of herself and we were too! We are officially retiring the floaties because this girl can swim!

16. She's referred to McDonalds as Chickendonalds for as long as I can remember. Started one day after gymnastics. It's caught on rather quickly and everyone loves saying it now. Such a trendsetter.

17. Lastly before I bore everyone else to pieces is that she wakes up every single morning between 6 and 6:30 am, comes into our room and says to one of us "can you make me chocolate milk" she's absolutely relentless and doesn't stop until one of us get up and get her chocolate carnation with some milk. Every. Single. Day.

Sydney, thank you so much for being you. Each and every day we're so proud of you and so honored to be your parents. You make us laugh, cry, scream and most of all, you make us so thankful for having you in our lives each and every day. You make every single day better just by being in it. There isn't a single thing we would change about you. Not even the fact that you recently went through a stage of punching boys in the face when they were mean to you. Haha, no one messes with our girl! :) We love you baby girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH!! I love the list. It makes me miss Syd so much in all her adorable perfection!

Carly said...

Okay...maybe it's post pregnancy hormones, but this list just brought tears to my eyes!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It just makes me sad that we live so far away from each other and miss you guys SOOOO much!! McDonalds will now only be referred to as ChickenDonalds from here on out!!!! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!! xoxo